United Nations Youth Association of Pakistan is a great avenue to teach about the United Nations, and get other youth involved in understanding and sharing the ideals enshrined in the UN Charter. This organization provides a fertile ground for youth empowerment, education, networking, and also have social components that combine to be a lot of fun and present excellent development opportunities!
Some of the core aims of UNAP YOUTH are to:
- Educate young people and the community about the work of the United Nations;
- Empower young people to get involved in international affairs and civil society;
- Represent the views of young people at a local, national and international level; and, act as forum for young people to network and socialize.
UNYAs conduct a variety of activities, some of which are:
- Model United Nations is a mock Security Council for High School students (not unlike a competitive debate);
- Conferences (local, state, national and international) – these often have a Model United Nations component as well as leadership, education and representation;
- Education packages or programmes run for primary and secondary school students informing other young people about the United Nations and international affairs.;
- Speaker events and panel discussions;
- Social events, movie nights, fund raisers